This is a pretty gruesome and callous story.
- Employees at Starters Pub near Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, found a dead baby inside the tank of the toilet in the women’s bathroom August 17
- Police say Amanda Catherine Hein, 26, of Allentown, admitted to giving birth to a live baby and suffocating it
- She said she had known she was pregnant for months and did not tell anyone about pregnancy or going into labor
- After allegedly killing her baby, Hein smoked a cigarette and continued watching pay-per-view wrestling for an hour until she went home
- She could face the death penalty, if convicted
A woman who gave birth in the bathroom of a busy sports bar then killed her baby and hid it in the toilet was tracked down and arrested after police traced a blood stain the woman left on the booth where she was sitting, it was revealed today.
Amanda Catherine Hein, 26, was at Starters Pub near Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, watching pay-per-view wrestling with three friends August 17, when she left and went to the bathroom for about 40 minutes. She returned with blood on her clothes, but insisted she was fine.
Police say Hein went outside and smoked a cigarette, then returned to her friends and continued watching the match.
The next morning, a janitor who checked on the toilet after complaints that it would not flush, found the child wrapped in a plastic garbage bag, submerged in the tank behind the toilet seat.
Hein was charged with murder Monday and could face the death penalty.
The Lehigh Valley Express-Times reports that an autopsy found that Hein had given birth to a healthy, full-term baby boy. The child suffocated to death.